Captec Wealth Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
- Captec Wealth Group is committed to ensuring that the privacy of our website visitors and service users is protected.
- This policy outlines how we as data controllers use your personal data. In this document, we will outline the processes and means of processing your personal data.
- Our website incorporates privacy controls in our marketing preferences centre where you can specify what direct marketing communications you would like to receive from us.
2. How we use your personal data
The personal information we collect
- The information you provide to create an Account, specifically email address, first name and last name.
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails and other communications that you send us.
- The information you share with us in connection with download forms, surveys, contests or promotions.
- Information from your use of the Services. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the Services of our sites (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- Information we get from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our Services and better monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns, such as details about when our partner shows you one of our ads on or via its advertising platform.
- Other information you submit to us directly or through Third Party Services if you use a Third-Party Service to create an Account (based on your privacy settings with such Third-Party Service).
How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by entering information into a download or enquiry form).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our Services or website (including with technologies like cookies).
- We receive some of it from third parties (like when you register for a download or request more information relating to one of our products or services using a Third-Party Service).
Personal information obtained from your use of our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the Services, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices. If you’ve given us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location information in our mobile apps.
How we use your personal information
- Provision of the Services.Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you.Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your current and potential investments and Service-related announcements.
- Surveys and contests.Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Captec Wealth Group and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Analyze your interactions with our Services and third parties’ online services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you. For example, we may decide not to advertise our Services to you on a social media site if you already signed up for investments or Services or we may choose to serve you an advertisement based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Improving our Services.Analyze and learn about how the Services are accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We usually do this based on anonymous, pseudonymized or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually.
- Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Third-party relationships.Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g., to protect our Users from abuse).
- Complying with the law.Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract.We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering one.
- Legal obligation.We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests.We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. We have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To operate the Captec Wealth Group business and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our Services – we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring our website is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse.
- To provide and improve the Services, including any personalized services.
- To share your personal information with other Captec Wealth Group companies that help us provide and improve the services.
- To anonymize and subsequently use anonymized information.
We share personal information in the following ways:
- We share personal information with our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the services we or they provide.
- Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when our Services are integrated with their Third-Party Services, but only when you have been informed or would otherwise expect such sharing.
- Service providers.We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage.
- Process payments.We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests.We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our Terms of Business) or prevent fraud or abuse of the Captec Wealth Group website and our services or our Users or clients. We may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We share personal information with third parties, so they and we can provide you with tailored advertising and measure and monitor its effectiveness.
- Business Transfers.If we’re involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
3. Your Rights & Choices
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
(b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity [(for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)].
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Where the applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you can have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
- You can access, update, change or delete personal information either directly by updating your marketing preferences or contacting us at email@example.com to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your Account) by contacting us at the same email address.
- You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by changing your preferences in our Marketing Preferences Centre or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.
- Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your Personal Information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain Personal Information to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law.